Saturday, January 22, 2011

Shaq's Quotes #2

“If you go 72-11 and don’t win (the championship), it doesn’t mean anything. Actually it does. It means you’ve cheated and played an extra regular-season game.”

“Their unselfishness, the way they play and their poise factor.  When you never panic, that’s a great sign.”

“Every time that I’ve won a championship I’ve looked at my guys around me and looked at their work ethic and said ‘You know what, I’m going to win it this year.  I feel that way now.”

REPORTER: Shaq, do you have a special routine before the playoffs?
SHAQ: Yeah, I let your mother rub my feet.

“They say things happen in three.  I won with the great Kobe, the great D-Wade and now it’s my job to win one with the great LeBron James. We have everything in place. We just got to get it done.”

“My thing back then was, it was always gonna be my fault if we don’t win, so we’re gonna have to do shit my way. When I was with Orlando, we was doing it everybody else’s way — and I always got blamed. So I just got it in my head, Fuck it, if I’m gonna get blamed, I’m gonna do it my way. Period, point-blank.”

“In the seven or eight years we were together, we were never together.”  (On Kobe Bryant.)

“I’m not the one buying love.  He’s the one buying love.”  (On a ring – reportedly costing several million dollars – that Kobe Bryant bought for his wife, Vanessa, after he was charged with felony sexual assault.)

“If you’ve got a Corvette that runs into a brick wall, you know what’s going to happen.  He’s a Corvette.  I’m a brick wall.”  (When asked how he might react if Kobe comes barreling down the lane in the Heat-Lakers game.)

“Let’s put it in old movie Mafia terms.  There are guys that are in position to get by but they didn’t wait their turn. They back-doored the top guy to get the power.  For example, Sonny Corleone (from ‘The Godfather’) went up there, and he wanted to be the top guy. And the Godfather said, ‘You know what dude, I’m a star.’ That’s what I’m doing now, and that’s what I was trying to do with what’s-his-name.”  (Referring to Bryant.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...