Friday, October 21, 2011

NBA 2K12 - Demo Impressions



By [http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Jason_A_Flowers]Jason A Flowers

The demo is short, maybe ten minutes long if that. I barely learned the controls. Luckily I wrote them down. I did play the NBA 2K12 demo on my Xbox 360, Controls: LT-dribble/shoot, LB-pick control, LS-move player, RS-shot stick, RT-sprint, RB-icon pass, Y-post up, B-fake pass, A-pass, X-shot. The controls weren't bad. They were responsive regarding game play and did what they were suppose to do. The demo being short had more to do with me not playing well. That is until I just started throwing up jumpers with Dirk Nowitzki lol.

After you press start from the main menu screen your immediately shown a cut scene of superstars from the Miami Heat and Dallas Mavericks. I didn't get to choose a team or anything. I was just thrust into the game after the cut scene ended. I ended up with Dallas. The pre game spectacle was nice from a visual standpoint using special effects and swooping camera angles to make it seem like live TV. As soon as the game started I was immediately impressed and disappointed.


I was impressed by NBA 2K12's fluid visuals and real life animations on each player. What I wasn't impressed with was the sound design. No commentators and the sound effects sound unrealistic. The players faces on close inspection looked like waxed dummies with a zombified dead look. Completely emotionless player faces in NBA 2K12. That and the demo being short are the worst aspects I can take away from the this game. The music in the demo wasn't very good either.

As far as the actual match went it was Dallas versus Miami like in the Finals. I was Dallas. Early on I was trying to do way too much. I finally realized what Dallas did in real life. Just let Dirk shoot jumpers and that is what I did. Dirk couldn't miss. I hit two 3's and three 2's. I hit the last 2 with like a second left in the short demo and won. All my shots were taken with Dirk Nowitzki and he didn't miss once. I was even hitting jumpers off balance fade always like Dirk does in real life. It was fun but short lived. You only play one short quarter then the game abruptly ends. You're then shown a promo page of all the full game features that are in NBA 2K12. And that was it for the demo. Thanks for reading. http://videogames-source.com/

Article Source: [http://EzineArticles.com/?NBA-2K12---Demo-Impressions&id=6589973] NBA 2K12 - Demo Impressions

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...