Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Shaqille O'Neal's divorce?

Shaunie O’Neal filed for divorce from Shaq back in November, shortly after rumors emerged that Shaq was messing around with Gilbert Arenas’ fiance. Just this week reports said Shaq and Shaunie reached a divorce settlement so there’s no doubt now that the two are done. We can never be certain regarding the reason for divorce, but we do know it has to do with Shaq fooling around with other women. Take what Shaunie told Essence Magazine for example:
Miami is a great city. It just wasn’t a great city for our marriage. I know they say L.A. has its groupies, but Miami has a different mentality. Even going to the games, the whole environment is so different. Girls are practically sitting in their bra and panties in the arena. When you’re trying to keep your husband, that’s a lot to take. It was a whole new lifestyle I wasn’t ready for. Apparently we didn’t have a strong enough foundation for Shaq to withstand that type of temptation,

From what I remember about Kobe’s comments to the police in Eagle, Colorado, Shaq’s been paying off chicks since his LA days. Yeah, that would render Shaunie’s comments pretty inaccurate, but who am I to talk? After all, Shaq blamed Kobe for his marriage problems before telling Kobe to taste his tuchus. Shaunie may be complaining about the Miami crowds but at least they were drawing fans when Shaq on the team. Guarantee you Micky Arison wishes they had those days back. 

Shaunie on finally confronting Shaq about the infidelity rumors:
“He would deny it sometimes, and other times he would ask, ‘You got pictures? Video? If not, don’t come at me because you have no proof.’ He’d say, ‘Okay, you’re mad. Now what? You’re not going anywhere."

Shaunie on being accused of cheating on Shaq with her personal trainer:
“I worked out at home with my trainer, my sister, her husband and my girlfriend. I was a good girl. I wouldn’t even entertain a man flirting with me. I was that conservative. But when those rumors came out, I felt I was so small and Shaq was so big that it didn’t matter what I said; nobody was going to believe me. All I was thinking was, How could this happen to me? I had no idea how I was going to pick up the pieces. I was just done.”

Shaunie on the state of her relationship with Shaq today:
“We are becoming friends, and it’s nice because it’s something we really lacked in our marriage. I enjoy being able to talk openly to him, and I think we both learned a lot from each other during this time.”

Sources:

http://hellobeautiful.com/your-world/news-gossip/hello-beautiful-staff/shaunie-shaq-reach-divorce-settlement/

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/Shaunie-Its-Miamis-Fault-Marriage-to-Shaq-Ended-87587512.html

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to see his marriage end. It happens to the best of marriages. We'll never know all the details. They're the only ones that will. No doubt it's a hard time for the two of them. With marriage comes problems. I'm sure it goes much deeper than what we see on the surface.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...